Friday, April 08, 2005

The games catholic boys play

They are upstairs playing nicely together and I can hear them playing “Pope”. The pope just died and they are having an election. But they intermix the terms "pope" and "prime minister priest". Patrick is leading them in this. ROFL

They had a big assembly at school today to mark the passing of the Pope (aka “Father Jim’s Boss”) and they have all been talking about the whole thing for the past 2 weeks.

We got to school late this morning after the kids fought with me for 1/2 hour this morning about chocolate fundraising (another story). As I was walking Campbell to class, we walked by the kids who were getting ready to do readings for the assembly. The older kids (12 & 13 year olds) were standing near the back and I could hear them talking and one of them that I didn't recognize saw Campbell and in the most sincere way said, "That kid is the coolest." That made my heart smile.

Hey, maybe he should use his popularity to run for prime minister priest.

1 comment:

Wilson Clan said...

You know, that's so interesting because I was going to ask you today what the kids know about and what they are saying if anything at all.

That is sooo sweet. Campbell IS the coolest. Did the kid know you could hear? It's really neat when you hear something like that. Glad something made your heart smile today! We need those pick me ups when we look at them and wonder if they will end up in jail.. not your kids of course, mine. LOL