I saw this article by Adam Van Koeverden, and got thinking about what 10 things I cannot live without. It was harder than I thought, but here it is:
- My husband and children - Obviously.
- My canning equipment - I use it for so much more than just jam or relish. I use it to make soap, lotions, cheese, yogurt and more.
- My chickens - Mostly because I am addicted to home-grown eggs. Since starting my paleo diet, they have been my go-to snack. Hard-boiled or fried, they are quick and give me energy to keep going.
- My goats - Pets that produce milk for cheese, yogurt, etc. Awesome. If you asked me 10 years ago, I never would have thought I would feel this way.
- My minivan - Any minivan actually. I am not emotionally-invested in my 6 year old Ford Freestar, but how else could I drive kids to school, soccer, hockey, football, dance class, and so on.
- My computer - It has taken the place of my cookbooks, my telephone, my mailbox, my television, my calendar, and definitely enriches my social life, as I can cyber-socialize with people all over the world with similar interests.
- My mascara and lipbalm - I am a low-maintenance girl, but still a girl.
- My gardens - I will always need a place to plant stuff.
- My black Skechers flats - I love those shoes, so comfy, and goes with everything I wear.
- My Canon T3i - I just got it this past year, but it is true love.
There are lots of other things I could add, like my pottery, my new and wonderful coffee table. What 10 things can you not live without?