Tuesday, August 21, 2012

10 Things I cannot live without

I saw this article by Adam Van Koeverden, and got thinking about what 10 things I cannot live without.  It was harder than I thought, but here it is:
  1. My husband and children - Obviously.  
  2. My canning equipment - I use it for so much more than just jam or relish.  I use it to make soap, lotions, cheese, yogurt and more.
  3. My chickens - Mostly because I am addicted to home-grown eggs.  Since starting my paleo diet, they have been my go-to snack.  Hard-boiled or fried, they are quick and give me energy to keep going.
  4. My goats - Pets that produce milk for cheese, yogurt, etc.  Awesome.  If you asked me 10 years ago, I never would have thought I would feel this way.
  5. My minivan - Any minivan actually.  I am not emotionally-invested in my 6 year old Ford Freestar, but how else could I drive kids to school, soccer, hockey, football, dance class, and so on.
  6. My computer - It has taken the place of my cookbooks, my telephone, my mailbox, my television, my calendar, and definitely enriches my social life, as I can cyber-socialize with people all over the world with similar interests.
  7. My mascara and lipbalm - I am a low-maintenance girl, but still a girl.
  8. My gardens - I will always need a place to plant stuff.
  9. My black Skechers flats - I love those shoes, so comfy, and goes with everything I wear.
  10. My Canon T3i - I just got it this past year, but it is true love.
There are lots of other things I could add, like my pottery, my new and wonderful coffee table.  What 10 things can you not live without?

No comments: