Saturday, August 23, 2008

For Kent

As promised, here's the recipe. Please pass it along to your mom, I think I messsed up some of the amounts when I tried to give it to her from memory. I double or quadruple the recipe, so I had things mixed up in my head.

Grilled German Potato Salad

  • 5 unpared medium potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds)
  • 8 slices bacon, crisply fried and crumbled
  • 1 cup finely chopped celery
  • 3 green onions (with tops), finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
  • 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
Cook potatoes in boiling salted water just until tender. Peel and cube (I slice mine). In a large bowl combine potatoes, bacon, celery and onions. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over potatoes; toss thoroughly. Place in mixture on 18X13 inch piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil; wrap securely. Place packet on grill and cook 20 minutes, turning once. 4 to 6 servings

No comments: