Monday, March 21, 2011

Goats are the best patients!


The snow has been replaced with mud, but I found this photo of Daisy on my camera and thought it was cute.

I was dreading giving the goats their Ivomec today. I was planning to do it last week, but thought it would test my patience, during March Break, so I waited until today when the children were at school. I had visions of squirmy goats, maybe a horn or two in my leg, maybe some nipping, I would have guessed that it would end with goat saliva and liquid dewormer being spit up on my sweater. I had a tainted view of giving liquid medication because of all of the nights I wrestled feverish toddlers just to give them a tiny squirt of liquid Advil. It always ended with me wearing it.

The goats couldn't have been easier! They practically lined up waiting for their turns! They stood still and let me open their lips, I squirted the dose into their mouths, tilted their heads back, they swallowed and then licked their lips and went back to eating their hay. Lily wanted more when I was done.

I adore my children, they bless and enrich my life, but my goats are better patients!

Tomorrow I will spend the day starting seeds indoors.

No comments: