Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Griffin's Menus

Dinners with Griffin are fun.  But before dining with him, it is important to understand a few things.  Don't ask him to dine on ordinary foods, like Bacon, Roast Beef or potatoes.  Not for an awesome boy like Griffin.  Here's a legend so far:

Bacon = Snake Tongues
Roast Pork = Dragon Meat
Baked Ham = Roasted Monkey Butt
Chicken Cordon Swiss = Camel Humps
Chicken Thighs = Frogs
Ham and Pea Soup = Turtle Soup
Turkey Soup = Dragon Soup
Cabbage = Green boogerberry
Raw Cauliflower = White boogerberry
Roasted Cauliflower = Boy Brains
Mashed potatoes = Mashed Boy Brains
Brussel sprouts = Frog eggs

I never know what I am serving until he lets me know.

Now here he is with a steaming plate of Coyote Pie.  It is chock full of coyote meat, and topped with a golden "coyote skin" crust.  Bet you wish you could have some too!

I filled the casserole with chopped vegetables (carrots, peas, corn, potatoes, onions, mushrooms), heated up the leftover gravy and added milk (if I had cream I would have used it).  I cut leftover meat into small pieces.  Made up pastry, rolled it out and put it on top.  I bake it in the oven at 375 for about 45 minutes (until crust is golden).  Coyote pie!


No comments: