Friday, July 01, 2005

Puck at 6 months

Hey, Mulan, you only need to ask me once to show off your cousin Puck.  (they are cousins, right?)  LOL  Here he is in my yard stalking everything that moves.  He just figured out that he's supposed to NOTICE the birdies.  First he's guarding the birdfeeder...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com



And chasing flies...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
He's pretty good at catching them too!



Puck is a great dog.  He has his occasional naughty moments, but it is still hard to believe that he is still a 6 month old puppy.  And a 6 month old GSP puppy at that!  I'm amazed at how well he listens off lead already.  The only time he doesn't listen is when he is hunting puddy cats, he is quite "cat sharp".  There may be hope for him as he does obey me when he is carrying Buddie by the ear and I say "Drop it". ;-)



Mulan, Congrats on the field dog test!  After seeing those pictures of her going after the ducks, I'm sure she's having a great time with it.  Thanks for clearing up the question about the ants on the peonies. 

7 comments:

Sam said...

He is such a beautiful Dog, look how proud he stands. Gorgeous okay and what was the answer to the peonie and the ants thing???

Motherhen said...

Oh sorry Sam, Puck's cousin's "dad" posted a comment to the peony post saying, "Peonies need ants to eat the waxy cover off the buds so they can open."

Anonymous said...

LOL, he'll stop eating flies after he catches his first bee!

I know all about 'cat sharp'. How about squirrels? For Mulan squirrel scent is like crack cocaine.

Anonymous said...

I kept thinking, "Man I know I've seen that dog before. And sure enough I have. He's a spittin' image of his grand-daddy.
http://www.shomberggsp.com/images/content/marco/marco_head.jpg
http://www.shomberggsp.com/images/content/marco/marco_head2.jpg
http://www.shomberggsp.com/images/content/marco/marco_baby.jpg

Motherhen said...

Glad you think so David! When I was researching for a puppy, I did check out Marco's pictures and I loved his looks and his build. I think Puck looks a lot like Becca, but I always wonder if that is just the solid liver influencing me. Anyway, I was looking at the pictures you linked to and my kids were standing behind me saying, "that's Puck, that's Puck!" LOL They pointed out that the marking on his chest was a cross just like Puck's. Cool!

Wilson Clan said...

oh my gosh, what are you feeding him? He has gotten so big and he has a lot to go doesn't he?

Cute little guy he is..can I trade you him for these two cats? ;o)

Motherhen said...

Hey all you need to do is adopt a "cat sharp" GSP and you may have a solution to your cat problem. ;-) hee hee hee.