Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Behind those pretty ears

Kira woke up in the night after her birthday with croup. We used her inhalers and she started breathing easier so we went back to sleep. She was much better in the morning, but it returned again last night. This morning she was coughing a lot and started getting feverish (38 C or 100 F), so I rushed her over to the doctor's office. We waited there for an hour and her fever was up to 40 C (104 F) and she became very clingy and lethargic. The verdict was that she has a really bad ear infection in one ear. The doctor didn't rule out bronchitis, but we were already getting more inhalers for the croup and antibiotics for the ear infection anyway. Kira has also had diarrhea for a week now, which has left her with an awful diaper rash, so the doctor also prescribed some cream for that. Diarrhea, Respiratory infection, Ear Infection and a Diaper Rash. This poor girl is a mess.

I should have known when she asked for a cookie and took one bite and said, "I no like this Mommy." That's not the Kira I know.

It's still a bit early, but now I'm considering staying home with Kira (and Damon and Campbell) this weekend instead of going to Patrick's hockey tournament in the U.S.. I'm so tired of cancelling things because of sick kids.

On a related note, this clever ad made me laugh out loud today.

I'm not sure where I stand on this, I'm not cutting out ALL dairy from our diets yet, but I have never been one to push the kids to drink milk. Something about drinking milk that is made for 300 lb calves seems illogical to me.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Poor baby. Those ears are very pretty BTW. I love the new bnanner picture.