Tuesday, October 05, 2010

There's a word for that...

After watching the turkeys in the yard, I think Ed should add a few more verses...

There's a word for that
What does it start with?
A word for that
I'd sound so smart if I only knew
The word for that
Perhaps you do?

snood [snuːd]
1. (Clothing & Fashion) a pouchlike hat, often of net, loosely holding a woman's hair at the back
2. (Clothing & Fashion) a headband, esp one formerly worn by young unmarried women in Scotland
3. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Veterinary Science) Vet science a long fleshy appendage that hangs over the upper beak of turkeys
(Clothing & Fashion) (tr) to hold (the hair) in a snood
[Old English snōd; of obscure origin]

Okay, use it in a sentence.

Within a few minutes a Turkey Tom transforms his snood from a nubby pink bit to a disgustingly dangly thing.

No comments: