Thursday, March 22, 2012

Lunch

Doesn't that look good?  Today I didn't have much in the fridge for lunch for Griffin and I.  Among all of the empty jam jars and single pickles in otherwise empty jars, I did have was 2lb of bacon, 6 bunches of green onions, milk, and 18 eggs.  So I made a frittata.  It would have been even better with some cheese, but I used what I had.  And I would have prefered to cook in my huge cast iron skillet, but I was cooking for two.  Griffin and I listened to the birds singing outside our sunny dining room while we ate this.  Life is good!  Here's what I did:

Bacon and Green Onion Frittata

1/2 lb bacon
8 green onions
6 eggs
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup milk

Preheat the oven to 400F
Grease a 9" glass pie plate with butter.
Chop about green onions, scatter on bottom of greased pie plate.
Chop cooked bacon and toss in with onions.
Put pie plate into oven and whisk eggs with milk.  Stir salt in.
Remove pie plate from oven, pour egg mixture over top of bacon and onions.
Put into oven for approximately 15 minutes, until egg is set.





2 comments:

Sam said...

Oh that does look yummy.
x

Unknown said...

yummy, I love fritattas, and quiche! Now, I'm hungry... :]