Saturday, January 29, 2005

I should have seen this coming

With all of the sickness that has been going around this house this past month, Kira has stayed relatively healthy, just minor colds here and there. Not anymore. Last night she woke up with a high fever and a nasty cough. She has been lethargic, not her plunky little self. Every chance she gets, she gets her arms wrapped around my neck in a death grip. She is so cute when she coughs though, Patrick gave her a lesson in coughing this morning. He taught her to cover her mouth and she always remembers to do it, it is so sweet.

We went to the mall to get some new cold medicines for her and cough medicine for Patrick. I thought that since we were there, I'd go across the hall to Gymboree to get a rain coat for Kira. I changed my mind about the coat and somehow we left with a new shirt, jeans, sunglasses and wallet for Patrick. How did that happen??????? He is quiet and helpful, but that kid has to get back to school next week! We are both enjoying these sick days too much. lol

I stopped drinking cola today. I had one can of pepsi yesterday, and none today. I have been drinking a lot of water, milk and some orange juice. I have been surprised by how hungry I have been though. I have had a wicked headache all afternoon so I resorted to trying a can of diet cola, but that didn't help, so I'm not sure if it is caffeine withdrawal or maybe I am sick again too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY, NO COLA QUITTING. LOL BTW, I HAD A MIGRAINE TODAY. WE SEEM TO GET HEADACHES TOGETHER. SORRY ABOUT KIRA. I BET IT BREAKS YOUR HEART WHEN SHE IS SICK. WINTER BLOWS AS FAR AS THE SICKIES.

PATRICK SOUNDS LIKE HE IS A SMOOTH TALKER LIKE ASH AT THE MALL. LOL AS THEY GET OLDER, YOU END UP WITH MORE AND MORE EACH TIME. AT LEAST YOU WON'T END UP BLOWING A BUNCH OF MONEY AT CLAIRE'S FOR HIM. LOL

KIDS, YOU GOTTA LOVE THEM!

TTYL!

LORRI

Wilson Clan said...

Awww, I'm sending (((((((((((get well vibes)))))))) for Kira.

LOL at patrick scoring a new outfit. Did he spot it first or did you get distracted at the sight of an actual cute boys gymbo outfit? LOL I like how they go up to size 12 now btw.

GL on giving up soda. I didn't know you drank it a lot. I'm not a huge soda person. Richard bought me vernors and I had 2 out of the 12. Most of the time, I never finish a whole can. I actually had some coke this weekend, normally I say 'yuck'.

Have you tried those bubbly fruit flavored waters? I lik them. Not the ones with sugar though, so most ppl think they are gross. I hope your headaches stay away.