Saturday, April 30, 2005

She's just rotten!

I'm speaking of my little princess. My baby. She has had a cold this past week. So have Campbell and I and it seemed that we were all getting over it. But tonight Kira took a turn for the worse and woke up coughing. So I picked her up, nursed her, tried to calm her down and let her sleep on my shoulder. Then she turned toward my face and coughed. Oh..MY..good lord...WHAT is that stench? Has something crawled into her mouth and DIED? I must be imagining this. I wait for the next cough and YES that WRETCHED smell is coming from my little cherub. And she can't stop coughing for longer than 30 seconds. That doesn't make for good sleeping for anybody. Something inside of this little child is rotten, well infected anyway.

My mother is watching her for me in the morning, and the game plan was that after we were done with Patrick's "signing", I would pick up the kids and take all of them to visit my grandfather for his birthday. I'm rethinking that one. It is looking like I will be waking up my sick baby, driving all of them to my mom's for 8 am, leaving them there for about 2 hours, picking them up and going over to the walk-in clinic. Maybe my mom can take the boys to visit Grandpa at least.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH DEAR, THAT BLOWS. I FEEL FOR YOU. THIS COLD CRAP IS GETTING OLD. KAYLA'S ALWAYS SEEMS TO GET AN EAR INFECTION AFTERWARD.

BTW, MADDY HAS THE WORST BREATH. SHE HAS ALLERGIES, SO SHE CONSTANTLY HAS THAT POST NASAL DRIP. IT IS NASTY BUT NOT ALOT I CAN DO. I GOT HER SOME MEDS AWHILE BACK BUT MISPLACED THEM. CAN YOU SAY DUH? LOL

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND :)

Wilson Clan said...

Ewwww, maybe she had something stuck in her sinus' or between her teeth? Ick, poor mom and kira. How is she doing now?