Monday, May 30, 2005

Anybody need a bed?

So at the auction yesterday, Matt bought a new bed set for us and for Kira. It was a great deal for $200. Only problem is trying to find places to put the other 41 bed sets that came with them. Yeah, my husband went out and bought 43 beds (a mix of doubles/queens/kings). So he managed to sell 5 of them to his fellow bidders for $20 each. But that still leaves us with a LOT of beds. He didn't know what to do, so today I called The Good Shepherd Centres in hopes that they can put them to good use, either in their shelters or to give to women who are starting a new life and moving into second stage housing. They seem interested, I just have to wait to hear if they can manage to pick them up by Tuesday evening.

Kira seems to be okay. She never started a fever or vomitted. She still has loose stool and it continues to cause a rash, but I think it is just the lack of breastmilk. She takes particular pleasure in kicking Matt and I in bed. She is mad at us because there are no more boobies so she kicks our heads. She does it hard too! I'm going to end up with a black eye before this week is through.

I'm still feeling pretty weak and tired today, but I am breathing better. I am improving more slowly than I had hoped. I expected that after 48 hours on antibiotics I would be feeling almost normal. I forgot what a long recovery pneumonia can be. Now I'm flashing back to 11 years ago when I had it the first time. A month later, I was still having sweats (day and night). I think it took me about 2 or 3 months to get back to full strength. And that was when I was 23, 20 lbs lighter, pre-asthma diagnosis and without kids! Oh yeah and I didn't have a house to tidy up! A week without anybody taking care of things has left my house and yard in shambles! This sickness has cost me months.

3 comments:

Sam said...

Adri, so glad you are starting to feel a bit better, even though its slow going. take it easy. I know easier said than done.
I am LMAO at Matt and those beds, what was he thinking. I hope the shelter manages to take them off your hands. Hugs

Wilson Clan said...

I have never heard anything so crazy..but yeah..I actually could use some beds..LOL

I really hope you take it easy, I know that's an oxymoron but you have to ease back in. I've never had that kind of sickness & I can't imagine. ugh

Can you hire someone to come help with the house once a week? How about a teen girl from the church?

Anonymous said...

Well, yeah, I could use a couple, but the shipping costs would be pretty high.
Great idea sending them to a charity like that :)
Feel better VERY soon, sweetie