Sunday, May 29, 2005

Out of the frying pan into the fire

Bad development. Now Kira is getting sick. She has had loose bowel movements, but this morning, she had the foulest smelling diaper ever. I haven't smelled anything but the awful smells inside my own head for almost 2 weeks now and it was knocking my socks off. It made me think of Kathy D's discussions about the smell of Rotavirus. I'm not assuming yet, because she has had a terrible dietary change. She has refused to try the formula, or milk. She prefers to sip on bottled water. And she has been very clingy and lethargic, which I have to say works out kind of nicely for me. I'm trying to get her to eat something. I think she is starting a fever because she feels almost as hot as me. I'll take her temperature after lunch.

Where is my husband do you ask? Oh, well, there was this really cool old hotel, and they are auctioning off the contents, and you know it's a moment in history. So much of a moment in history that he came back and picked up Patrick and took him too! DUH that was my lifeline here. I'm married to a child, my mistake, if I think of it that way, I can understand the egocentrism and not murder him. For now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I kill him for you? PLEASE?

I was married to a child, and I'm enraged for you. You need a break, some soup, pampering, medications, quiet, sleep... this is NOT right!

I'm so sorry you were forced into weaning. I'm heartsore for you, but I'm also worried about your health.

*hugs*

Sam said...

Ugh Adri what a mess, I am soo worried about you , this is going on far too long. Poor Kira, I am hoping and praying its diet related issues and not rotavirus, we dont need either of you in hospital , wish I could smack that hubby of yours. Ugh

Wilson Clan said...

Ok, so you don't murder him..but how about just a tad bit food poisoning? ugh..I was talking about you to my grandma this weekend..wondering how you were & commenting on how sweet Patrick is!! How could he take P away? aaaaaaaack

I hope Kira is feeling better now.. sounds icky.