Sunday, January 16, 2005

He’s a freak! He insisted on going to hockey. Damon took some Motrin and within ½ hour his fever was down and he was beating up Campbell. Matt had to take the refreshments to the team and he thought that today would be a good time to get his volunteering on the time clock over with (since he wouldn’t be missing watching Damon) . Right before he left, Damon told him he was going. Matt asked me if it was okay, I said I didn’t think it was a good idea, but that I would agree to defer to Daddy. He went, he played, he got some shots on the other team’s net and he came home and went to bed. Then right before the party he came alive again, insisting he wanted to go. I drugged him up with more Motrin and tried unsuccessfully to get him to drink some ginger ale. I hope that the parents don’t mind, in fact I think that if we told them that Damon couldn’t come, they would take it personally or something. I dropped him off at their house and they are bringing him home later. He’s going to be dead tired when he gets home. It is a new parenting dilemma for me. I feel like a neglectful parent, but my other options were to either withhold medicine so that he feels sick and sleeps it off OR force him to stay home and watch him bounce off of the walls and torment his brother and sister. Lucky for me, when Patrick and Campbell are sick they act that way.

1 comment:

Wilson Clan said...

Yep, that sounds typical for around here... I guess they don't stay home until the are on the death bed almost.. Thank God for motrin though.. your not neglectful at all..your calling the shots moment by moment as they come and it sounds fine to me!